After you have decided on the content's focus and type, determine how often you can post updates. Here are a couple of tips.
- Post at the optimal time. Post during the times when you are most likely to receive responses in the form of Likes, comments and shares. Edge Rank Checker is a tool that can help you determine the best times to post on Facebook. Also, use Facebook Insights and Google Analytics to determine optimum posting times with your followers.
- Studies show that posting no more than 3 times a day is effective for Facebook pages.
- MediaBistro recommends posting at least 5 times a day on Twitter
- Put important points first. Express your core message within the first 90 characters, as longer messages might be truncated.
- Post images and graphics. Pictures and images on social media take up prime social media real estate space and are hard to miss whether the user is on a computer or mobile device. Posting an interesting photo will receive more responses than posting a link and long description. If your image is engaging enough, people will like and share it.
- Call to action. Ask your readers to like your page or post, ask them to share your content, and ask them to participate in an initiative with specific directions and asks.
- Be nice. Be responsive. Listen
- NO social presence is better than sporadic social presence. Not posting regular content and not replying in a timely manner translates to followers that you don’t care.